Thursday, January 10, 2013

Inside & Out Book Tag

Okay so I guess I'm to be doing a lot of these book tags because pretty much every single tag Sincerely, Steph posts, I love!  So here's another tag, called the Inside & Out Book Tag!


And this tag was created by  MathomBooks  from Youtube.


1. Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
I like the inside flaps.  And I like the summery to be somewhere inbetween really long and really short.  I want it to be...medium :O


2.  New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
Hardcover!   I love hardcovers!  I just don't like to buy them ;P

3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)

Now that I've started this blog and have to review books, yes, I definitely scribble while I read.  I like my books to be in good condition, like they've been read and loved, but not treated bad, so I don't highlight anything or write in the book.  I have scraps of paper I write down what I think of the book on as I'm reading.

4. In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.
Well, since I'm making a blog post, I can't really do this...but here's my favorite beginning to a book (it's from Scent of Magic, by Maria V. Snyder, the second book in the Healer series, so if you haven't read the first book, I suggest you don't read this spoiler...because it's actually a REAL spoiler): "'I'm dead,' I said to Kerrick."  And then here's one more bit: "'No one knows I survived.  It's the perfect oppertunitty for me to go undercover, and--'".  Gah, I just love that book!

5. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?
Well, not really.  I mean, sometimes it kind of throws me off a book, but I've read several guy author's before.  I really love Rick Riordan's books, and Kevin Emerson is really awesome too.  So, no, it doesn't bother me.

6.  Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? (Do confess thy sins, foul demon!) :)
NO!  I hate spoilers!

7.  Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves?Oranized.  On my top shelf, I have all my favorites, organized from hardcover to paperbacks to ARCs.  Then on my second shelf I have all my ARCs that I have yet to read, split into two sections (a 2012 section and a 2013 section) organized by publisher.  My third shelf is all my hardcover finished copies for review, organized by publisher.  My fourth shelf is all my hardcovers that I bought, won, was gifted, got somehow, kind of organized by publisher.  Then my fifth shelf is some of my paperback finished copies for review, some ARCs I won, and other paperback books I bought/won/was gifted.  I've read all the books on my favorite's shelf, and about 4 on my paperback shelf, but all the rest I have yet to read :/

8.  Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Yes!  It was Entwined, by Heather Dixon (I think) and if you ever look at the cover you will see why I bought it. So I dropped $20 on it...and hated it.

9. Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Inside.  Too many things going on outside.



Okay so there was yet another tag!  I will admit I didn't like this one as much as the Ultimate Book Tag I posted yesterday (????) but this one was stilll pretty cool.  Now I tag all of you to go do it as well, and when you do leave a link in the comments below so I can come check them out!!! :)

Peace out lovelies <3

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to read the spoiler to Scent of Magic, but I really want to read Maria V Synder's books!
    I love how you complete these tags, it's so fun to read other people's answers :)

    Sincerely, Steph

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates