Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review: The Truth about Forever

Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 374
Format: Paperback
Release Date (of my copy): May 11, 2004
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Sixteen-year-old Macy Queen is looking forward to a long, boring summer. Her boyfriend is going away. She's stuck with a dull-as-dishwater job at the library. And she'll spend all of her free time studying for the SATs or grieving silently with her mother over her father's recent unexpected death. But everything changes when Macy is corralled into helping out at one of her mother's open house events, and she meets the chaotic Wish Catering crew. Before long, Macy joins the Wish team. She loves everything about the work and the people. But the best thing about Wish is Wes—artistic, insightful, and understanding Wes—who gets Macy to look at life in a whole new way, and really start living it.

Review:
All of Sarah Dessen's books that I've read have a girl in a difficult situation meeting a guy and falling in love, all the while learning things about themselves.  Well, I've read like four of her books that are like that, and it never gets old.

Sarah Dessen is a genius.  That's all I can say.  The way she writes, the way she explains things, the way she tells us the story, it's  just mesmerizing.  I especially loved the way she told us readers about Wes and Macy's past, with a game of Truth.  I thought it was genius and imaginative, and it totally worked.  I have never seen any other author use that kind of thing to explain their characters, and you have to tip your hat to Sarah Dessen for even thinking about doing it.  Other than that, the story was great.  I do believe that you should be smart and driven, but what Macy was doing, it was just nuts.  I'm so glad she changed, but still stayed the same.  She's still smart, she's still going to do well.  I really, really like this book.

I love Macy.  She's smart, she's funny, and she could use some self esteem.  Like I said before, I'm glad she changed, but still stayed the same.
Will *swoon* oh Will.  I need a fire extinguisher here!!!  SMOKIN' hot.  And so artistic.
In all books you need the character that opens the main characters eyes and is funny at the same time.  In this book, that was Kristy, and I absolutely loved her.  She was funny, smart, kick-ass, I can't even describe it.  I just loved her.
I hate, hate, hate, hate the mom.  I'm sure some would feel bad for her, but I don't.  I hate what she made Macy go through, it was horrible.

All in all, one of my favorite Dessen reads.  I'm so glad I own it.

1 comment:

  1. This was my favorite book written by Sarah Dessen. It was emotional and heartfelt. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. I laughed and cried with this book. It was definitely worth reading!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates