Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#17)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Across the Universe, by Beth Revis

#1: "Orion snatches my hands away and scrubs them with a steaming hot, slightly damp towel.  It feels almost as if he's scrubbing away my skin, and when I pull away and look at my hands, they're red, but clean.  Before I can say anything, Orion shoves the towel in my face and scrubs it as well.  He's laughing, and so am I--I haven't been treated as if I was a child in need of a bath for a very long time."--Amy's point of view

#2: "I get Amy off the Keeper Level and away from Eldest as fast as I can.  The fear and exhilaration she showed when we first went up the grav tube is gone, replaced with mild disinterest.  She follows me down the path to the Hospital garden like a dog.  Her eyes stare straight ahead, not at the flowers, not at the statue of the Plague Eldest, just straight ahead.  I wonder if she's even really seeing anything at all."--Elder's point of view 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates