Thursday, June 7, 2012

Still on My Mind (#2): Grave Mercy


Still on my Mind is a weekly meme hosted by Haley at .YA-Aholic where we feature a book that we read a while ago but can't stop thinking about because it was so good.


Author: Robin LaFevers
Series: His Fair Assassin #1

Goodreads / Amazon

 

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.
Ismae’s most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart? Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Okay, so I know I just reviewed this book, but seriously, it’s amazing.  There was action, romance, suspense, intrigue, everything I could possibly want in a book.  It was so complex and just perfect.  And not to mention the characters.  They were amazing as well.  Seriously, if Duval was a real life living, breathing man I would marry him.  He’s so cute and sexy and kick-ASS!  One of my most favorite fictional guys ever.  And then there’s Ismae.  She is so freaking kick-ASS!  One of my favorite women in any book I’ve ever read.  Seriously guys, if you haven’t read this book yet you must pick it up.  And make sure you buy it because you’ll want to re-read it again and again.

For my review of Grave Mercy click here.


What are you guys still thinking of?
Link me up!!

8 comments:

  1. I agree 100%! Oh Duval *faints* ;) hahaha I got this through Netgalley and then was surprised when I got a physical ARC too but I was just so psyched! Seriously, after I finished it, I wanted to pick it up again and re-read it!! XD And now, every time I go to the bookstore I look at the awesome cover and really want to buy it, but I have limited funds :P But it really was fantastic! And Ismae = awesome and kick-ass!!! ♥

    All the best ♥
    Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, my mind keeps wandering back to this one, too. I saw the hardcover at the store yesterday and almost bought it, even though I have an ARC or two of it at home. I have problems. :) And I totally agree about Duval! Swoon. He's right up there with Valek. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a pretty good book and I would have loved it if the whole political stuff didn't lose me. The rest was awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait read this book now. Great Post.
    Here is the link to mine: http://writtenbybrittan.blogspot.com/2012/06/still-on-my-mind-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great book for my sister. I'm so glad you enjoyed it a ton though. That's always awesome!

    -Lauren
    (i always comment back!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited to start this! It sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh I have this book sitting on my shelf right now!!! ha Hearing you rave about it is making me VERY excited to pick it up!!! :D Awesome choice hun, I really can't wait to read this now! (:

    thank you SO much for being apart of 'Still on my Mind' again! :D

    http://www.ya-aholic.com/2012/06/still-on-my-mind-5.html

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates