Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Authors Are Rockstars - Amy Tintera



Amy Tintera is most definitely a ROCKSTAR!  Her debut, Reboot, was so full of romance, suspense, and action.  The romance was so adorably sweet, the story was so fast-paced and interesting, the the action scenes were breathtaking.  Plus she loves Back to the Future!  Do not miss out on this book!

I wanted to read Reboot because I saw PolandbananasBOOKS do a review of it on YouTube, plus it looked really interesting and like a great idea!  So I bought it off Amazon, zipped right through it, and loved it.  Not an amazing story, I know, but good enough, right? ;P



Reboot
by Amy Tintera
Series: Reboot #1
Pages: 365
Release Date: May 7, 2013
by HarperTeen

Goodreads / Purchase
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum. The perfect soldier is done taking orders.




Bio:


Hi! I'm Amy Tintera, young adult author. My debut novel, REBOOT, comes out May 7, 2013. Film rights have been optioned by Fox.








Connect:







Author Interview:


YOU

1. When did you start reading and writing?
I started reading at a very young age because my mom is a big reader. So there were always books around and we would go to the library almost every week. I was the kind of kid who read a book a day! Because I was such a big reader I became interested in writing very young, and I was writing novels by the time I was 12.

2. What were you like as a teen?
Shy! I’ve always been an introvert, but I was even more shy as a teen. But I found a great group of friends and I was on the dance team my junior and senior year of high school, which was a fun experience. I was also pretty busy, because of dance team, work (Old Navy, then DSW), and writing books. I’m not sure how I kept up with everything!

3. What is your favorite genre to read at the moment?
Definitely YA, and within YA I love sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal and contemporary. And some historical occasionally! I’m a big fan of the YA category and ready widely in it.

YOUR BOOK

1. When and how did you get the idea for Reboot?
I got the idea for REBOOT the day before Thanksgiving, 2010 (it’s crazy I remember the exact day, but I do!). I really got the idea for Wren first – she was in my head, saying she’d been dead for 178 minutes, and I built the idea of REBOOT around her.

2. Where did you write Reboot?
Everywhere, honestly. I wrote the first draft entirely by hand, partly because I could take the notebook with me wherever I went. I wrote on my lunch breaks, on my yoga mat while waiting for class to start, in bed, at coffee shops.

3. Did you have any say in the cover design?
I sent my editor some other covers I liked, but I have no talent for art or design. I basically just said “I want something awesome!” and luckily HarperTeen is great at doing awesome covers.

4. Is there another book in the works? If so, what can we expect?
Yes! The sequel to REBOOT comes out May 6, 2014. It’s a duology, meaning there are only two books in the series, so everything is wrapped up in this book. And all I’ll say is that the sequel picks up exactly where REBOOT left off!


THIS OR THAT
1. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk, but I eat both.

2. Fruit or vegetables?
Fruit! (But I have to eat vegetables, so I do. Occasionally.)

3. Cats or dogs?
Dogs.

4. Hardcover, paperback or ebook?
Hardcover!


WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE?

1. Movie?
Back to the Future.

2. Ice cream flavor?
Chocolate chip cookie dough.

3. Social media site?
Twitter!

4. Animal?
Dog.

5. Book?

Tough one, but I usually say If I Stay by Gayle Forman.



THANK YOU SO MUCH AMY FOR STOPPING BY!!!! 




2 comments:

  1. Great interview! Thanks so much for being a tour host!

    Hugs,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Reboot!!! What a fun interview.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates